LTLC- Lutherville-Timonium Lacrosse Club- Boys
Our Philosophy and Approach
Let’s face it, Club Lacrosse has gotten out of control. At its highest levels, the focus is on teams rather than players, oftentimes at the expense of player development OR, it’s a matter of bringing the club experience to the B/C level player for an exorbitant cost with limited playing time. It’s an unsustainable path that is not benefiting the game or most importantly the player.
LTLC wants to provide a club option for our talented players so they can stay in the program and play with their friends and classmates.
We can offer resources that are equal to or better than local club organizations at much more reasonable costs by leveraging our access to Baltimore County Recreation and Parks fields, including lighted turf fields (Seminary Turf will be resurfaced this summer).
In addition, we want our players to be afforded the opportunity to play at a high level while still being able to participate in other sports.
We are committed to having the best coaches that put player development first and the national team rankings last and we will have all US Lacrosse Certified Coaches that are invested in the game, your kids and LTLC.
Finally, we want to educate and provide parents with some perspective as they look into more competitive options for their kids while dispelling the notion that private club teams are the only option. Click here to read an article that every Lax Parent should know by US Lacrosse.
If kids are not selected for the Club team, they will be welcome to play for our Rec teams which offer opportunities to play based on age and ability.
- Focus on player development through player focused learning
- Developing players to their highest potential
- Compete at the intermediary club level to encourage multi-sport participation
Age-Appropriate Player Development
- Utilize a Lacrosse Curriculum approach following the US Lacrosse Player Progression Book
- Follow age-appropriate training, athletic, and lacrosse learning
- Provide coaches, parents, and players with a clear set of age-appropriate goals for each season
USL Athlete Development Model
A focus on the following areas in everything we do with our players:
- Program Designed for Player Development
- Multi-Sport Participation
- Small-Sided Games & Free Play
- Physical Literacy
- Trained Coaches
- Fun and Kid-Centered
Playing other Sports
- We strongly encourage players to participate in Fall and Winter sports
- (soccer, football, basketball, hockey, swimming, etc.)
- Allows players to become multi-dimensional athletes and better develop their physical abilities
Coaching / Administration
- Head Coaches will be at minimum US Lacrosse Level 2 Certified.
- All coaches receive extensive training to ensure age-appropriate instruction and player development.
- Coaches will be committed to their team, not coaching several other teams.
- Specialty coaches will be utilized for defense, face-offs, and goalies.
- Each team will have a designated Team Manager to facilitate all logistics.
LTRC/LTLC'S CURRENT IMPACT ON LACROSSE
LTLC/LTRC Lacrosse was well represented in the Mens D1 Championship Game. No less than 4 former LTRC players were on the field on Championship Monday including:
- Championship Game MVP- Alex Rode-Goalie-UVA
- Ryan Conrad-Middie-UVA
- Jack Simmons-Middie-UVA
- Matt Brandau- Attack- Yale
Pretty amazing statistic folks, feel free to share with your friends and family!
PROJECTED TEAMS FOR 2019/2020
2027- Coach- Jeff Lange
2028- Coach- Harry Begg
2029- Coach- Jamie Pezzulla
2030 (Development Team)- Coach- Greg Permison
LTRC’s Boys Lacrosse administration is led by the Club Director. This NON-PAID position leverages the resources of the larger LTRC Lacrosse program and ensures a common player curriculum is implemented. This curriculum approach helps graduate players each year by focusing on age-appropriate skill and athletic development.
LTRC Lacrosse Club Director- Jeff Lange
While Club teams will play as LTRC and use LTRC facilities, Club Teams in these age groups are self-funded due to its elective nature. All money collected will go directly toward the Club Teams and administered through LTRC. Every player is expected to contribute an equal amount to cover the costs.
2020 Estimated Cost per player: $400-$650 based on age group.
What is covered by the Fee:
- League and referee fees
- Tournament entry fees
- Team provided player swag/niform package including shooter shirt, socks, helmet sticker package, practice pinneys, backpack
- Indoor field rental fees
- Spring skills session package
Value for Your Money
Individual Player Assessment provided to parents
Participation in MYLA league (team specific)
Participation in Greater Howard County Club Lacrosse Conference- largest Club League in US (team specific)
Participation in multiple pre-season scrimmages with area clubs and post-season club tournaments
Opportunity to play at US Lacrosse Tierney Field
Dedicated program goalie coach
Dedicated program face-off coach
Dedicated long stick defense coach
Priority for turf practices (2027-2029)- Seminary Turf (resurfaced scheduled for August 2019)
Indoor winter skills sessions
Opportunities for fall play, both indoor and outdoor
Opportunities for US Lacrosse sponsored events- MLL Games, PLL games/instruction, 6V6 tournaments, etc.
Coach Development Program with All Head Coaches US Lacrosse Level 2 Certification
UPDATED Calendar for Player Tryouts
- July 24 & 25 at Seminary Turf 7-8:30 and August 7 & 8 at 6:30pm at Valley Fields South Aug 7 RESHEDULED FOR August 8 at 6:30 at Valley Fields South
- Returning Club players must attend at least 1 date
- New players must attend 2 dates
- July 24 at Seminary Turf 7-8:30 and August 7 at 6:30pm at Valley Fields South- RESCHEDULED FOR August 8 at 6:30 at Valley Fields South
- All players must attend at least 1 date.
- All participants
- All players must register for tryouts.
- Players will try out in their grad year and we will not support kids "playing up" unless there are extenuating circumstances and coach/board agreement to do so after tryouts are completed.
- Click here to register for Tryouts
- All players will need to sign up for specific dates using Sign-up genius. All registered players will receive an email with Sign-up genius information.