LTRC Lacrosse Coaching Development Program
Purpose: LTRC Lacrosse is committed to investing in our coaching development program to continually improve quality of our player experience by promoting:
- Positive coaching and creating a rewarding and fun experience for players
- Teaching fundamental skills at all levels through our LTRC Lacrosse Curriculum
- Promoting age appropriate development of athleticism, individual skill development, team concept development and Lax IQ.
This page is designed to be the gateway for all coaching resources. We want our coaches to feel supported and empowered with the best coaching methods, resources and training opportunities. We have categorized these resources into the following areas:
- LTRC Coaches Manual & Curriculum NEW FOR 2021! Our overarching guide to all coaching resources and a curriculum for all age groups in the program. Click HERE to download.
- In-House Coach Training- Our Coaches Bag Training- Required for all Coaches to get their equipment for the season.
- External Coach Training- primarily US Lacrosse Level 1 and 2 Certification as we strive to become an US Lacrosse Athlete Development Model (LADM) program along with webinars from US Lacrosse.
- Resources Section of the Website - our repository for coaching information.
All of these efforts are offered through the Coach Development Committee. If you would like to be part of this effort, please email Rob Hiken- email@example.com
Additionally in 2021, our coach development committee members will be visiting with our coaches during practices to observe and offer our assistance with access to resources needed. We will follow up the year with a survey to parents to mark our progress.
US Lacrosse (USL) Partnership
LTRC continues its partnership with U.S. Lacrosse to create a detailed coaching development program and leverage their resources to teach our coaches. The cornerstone of the partnership will be that LTRC Lacrosse will reimburse coaches (up to a certain budget) for U.S. Lacrosse Coaching Membership ($55) upon completion of USL Level 1 and 2 Certification. This will allow U.S. Lacrosse to significantly discount its onfield coaching certification programs.
Membership will provide coaches with:
- Access to US Lacrosse certified coaching clinics
- Confidence to understand the game and utilize modern coaching approaches and techniques
- Online resources, including the mobile coach app, to provide drills, practice plans and a variety of resources to help them be a more successful coach and provide a better experience for their players.
Additionally, the Coaching Development Coordinator will work with U.S. Lacrosse and various local coaches, trainers and volunteers to offer additional coaching development opportunities including mandatory in-house coaching course for all head coaches.
LTRC will reimburse Coaches for their US Lacrosse Membership and US Lacrosse Certification upon completion of all requirements (online and on-field) for Level 1 and 2 Certification. ALL REQUESTS FOR REIMBURSEMENT MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH THE REIMBURSEMENT REQUEST FORM FOUND HERE.
US Lacrosse (USL) Coach Certification
U.S. Lacrosse offers Level 1, 2, and 3 Certification along with various coaching clinics. Once you join US Lacrosse as a coach member, everyone MUST complete the following items as part of their USL Certificaiton to ensure the safety of our children:
- Complete national background screening- All new and renewing adult coach memberships now require a mandatory national background screening.
- Complete SafeSport Training- As part of its ongoing commitment to creating a safer sports environment, US Lacrosse today launched an online education and training platform as part of its efforts in keeping abusive behavior out of lacrosse. This is a nationally mandated requirment for all sports.
- Complete online training modules- once you join as a coach member, you will need to add Level 1 courses to your e-learning cart (no charge). Select mens or womens game.
- Complete onfield clinics- Click HERE for more info. Onfield clinics are a key component to certification and take place in the Fall, Winter and Spring. Given the current public health situation, these clinics are now offered virtually.
Click HERE for On-field clinic schedule along with more info on the clinics. You must be a US Lacrosse member to sign up.
REQUIRED ITEMS TO COACH SPRING 2021-
In order to coach this season all coaches must turn in the following paperwork:
1. Background Check - Balto. County Background Check required for all coaches. You must complete this for each sport, each year. Not sure if you completed, do it again! Click here for link- www.BaltimoreCountyMD.gov/RecreationVolunteersUse the access Code BCGREC20
2. Coaches Code of Conduct - All coaches must sign and agree to our coaches code of conduct which can be found with the following link: Code of Conduct Link
3. Baltimore Count Covid Waiver - All coaches must sign and turn in a copy of the Baltimore County Risk Waiver found at the following link: Baltimore County Covid Waiver
4. LTRC Covid Plan - All coaches must sign and acknowledge LTRC's Covid activity plan found at the following link: LTRC Covid Activity Plan
5. Attend Coaches Bag Training
Steps one through four can be completed at any time and emailed to