INFORMATION FOR MYLA COACHES IN LTRC
Travel teams play in the MYLA League. Information on MYLA including Bylaws and the schedule should be reviewed and can be found here--
See below for Weather Cancellation Policy & Instructions
Click here for link to Boys and Girls Rules New link: http://www.mylalax.com/Page.asp?n=78141&org=mylalax.com
Coach Instructions For LTRC MYLA Home Games at Seminary:
For home games, the following field equipment is required: two goals, (no benches due to COVID), 12 traffic cones (hard to see smaller cones), scorers table, single chair, manual scoreboard, electric scoreboard control module and scoreboard battery.
The Baltimore County staff on duty is responsible for opening the gates, unlocking the goals and getting out table, chair, traffic cones, manual scoreboard, electric scoreboard control module, and scorer's table. This staff member sits in the Baltimore County storage area or small green shed, which is to the left of the bathrooms.
If for someone the County Staff is unfamiliar with the process, see below.
- Set up the table, chair and manual scoreboard.
The white table, chair, manual scoreboard, electric scoreoboard control module and traffic cones are kept in the storage area. If not out, please ask the staff on duty for these items for your games.
- Set up the electric scoreboard.
In the storage area, county staff will find the control board for the electric scoreboard and the battery which is plugged in on the right side when you walk in. Unplug the battery from the wall and connect it to the control board for the game. Instructions are available for the scoreboard control module case. Very easy. It also has a horn function for subs (if your game and age group uses horns). If the scoreboard does not work for the game, you have the manual scoreboard.
- Ask a parent to run the scoreboard. In some cases, it may help to have one parent for either team to do this.
- Set up cones. You need to put cones out for the field: end lines (4), restraining line (4), and substitution box (2).
- Place a few extra balls at the end lines.
- Keep a copy of the MYLA rules in your coaches bag and go over them with refs before each game.
Coach Instructions For LTRC MYLA Home Games at Valley Fields South (VFS) or Valley Fields North (VFN):
Get table, chair, horn (boys only), manual scoreboard from Josh (Boys Commissioner) or Laura (Girls Commissioner). Please make arrangements in advance. You will need a parent to serve as a scorekeeper for each game.
Weather/Game Cancellation Procedures- 2022
Please follow the procedures below when a HOME GAME is cancelled. Commissioners/Directors will notify coaches if game is canceled within two hours of the start time. The Commissioner/Director will notify everyone (this includes referee assigners and opposing coaches), please make sure you get a reply or follow up with call or text messages. If referees show up to a field because someone failed to effectively communicate a cancellation, the home team will be charged. The Commissioner/Director may designate a coach to assist with the process.
- Notify the LTRC Boys or Girls Commissioners or LTLC Club Director. They will notify referee assigners below.
Boys- Wes Bachur (Monday-Sat.)
Boys- Ken Shephard (Sundays only)
Girls- Lea Kusner
- Include Ruthie Lavelle (MYLA President) on the email chain so that she can update the MYLA web site
- Commissioner/Director will help coordinate rescheduled game based on field and team availability.
- All coaches must provide their contact information on the MYLA web site so that emails and text messages can automatically communicate any schedule changes. Phone numbers are also needed if the opposing coach needs to contact you. Directions on how to do this can be found on the vertical tab of the MYLA web page or click here.
- IF AN AWAY GAME IS CANCELLED, PLEASE NOTIFY YOUR COMMISSIONER/DIRECTOR.
How to Register as a Coach on MYLA Website
It is important that at least one coach from each travel team register in MYLA. This will allow easy communication between the coaches when there is a chance of rainout. It will also allow you to post your scores- winning team posts score. You can also use the MYLA website to check your schedule and league standings. Please CLICK HERE to register as a coach and link to your team.
Entering Results for Your Games
All winning coaches are to enter the game score for both teams within 24 hours of the game's completion. Sign in to MYLA and go to your team's section of the site and click ENTER RESULTS. It is very important to do this so that MYLA can keep track for playoff purposes.
End of Season and Playoffs
Teams are eligible for the playoffs at the end of the season with the exception of Tyker Travel and Pockets Travel. In general the top 8 teams will play in 2 rounds of the playoffs that begin at the end of the second week of May with championships taking place the weekend before Memorial Day Weekend.
There will be a MYLA meeting on the last day of season and program directors will work with the league to establish times and locations for the games. It is often chaotic and complicated due to field, ref and player availability. Please be mindful of this and pass along to parents. You can keep an eye on the MYLA schedule on the MYLA Website for specific dates and view the MYLA Bylaws (separate for Boys and Girls) for playoff structure. Please note, some teams may not be eligible for playoffs due to not being in alignment-- this is explained in detail in the Bylaws.